Monday, January 12, 2015

PE Teacher Assistant: Lower Elementary

At the recent Haisley Silent Auction, attendees had the opportunity to bid on a teacher experience with me.  The winners of these items (one 3rd - 5th grader and one K-2nd grader) have the opportunity to be a PE teacher assistant for one half day! 

"Mr. R", 1st grader, was the lucky winner of the lower elementary auction item.  He joined me for my morning PE classes Monday, January 12.  Mr. R chose the activity for all of my first grade classes today:  Guard the Pin.  He called out the locomotor skills for warm up, led stretches, and helped set up the game.  He then gave directions for Guard the Pin, and participated with each class during the games.  He used his whistle to signal the end of a game or if the class needed to stop.  

Thank you for your help today, Mr. R!  I hope you had an AWESOME TIME being a PE teacher -- I enjoyed your help this morning!  My sincere gratitude to your parents who made this experience possible -- AND helped the Haisley PTO along the way!!!