Saturday, February 16, 2013

PHOTOS

Here are some photos I snapped this week during a few of our PE classes.  

Looking at these photos reminds me how I continue to be in awe of Haisley students.  Students who may not be highly skilled in basketball trying a new game.  Students with great basketball skills "taking it easy" to let less skilled players stay in the game a little longer.  Kids helping each other understand the game and what to do next.  Students who are often reluctant giving great effort and doing amazing things.

I didn't take a photograph of lower elementary jump rope this week, but I have the memory of so many of these moments etched in my mind.  Learning to jump rope is HARD!!  There were many moments in the past two weeks where we CELEBRATED - kids who made incredible progress in learning how to jump rope.  Helping a student start to master even one small part of a complex skill is AWESOME - it is why I choose to teach, and why I am honored to teach physical education at Haisley.

Jumping Rope:  Mrs. Saenz and Mrs. McGee's 3/4 grade classes





Lightning Recycle:  Mrs. McGee's class







Sharks and Minnows:  Ms. Cech's class